Saturday, October 13, 2007

This call may be recorded...

When you are a little bit angry about something and you have to phone up a customer service phone line, and then be told " your call is important to us, please hold the line", and then you have to press a series of buttons or worse still, say one word answers into the phone as if you are schizophrenic to get through to the right department ("I´m sorry, I didn´t understand that. If you want to speak to a customer service agent, please say ´banana´") these are some of the thoughts that go through my head:

If my call is sooooo important to you, why don´t you just answer it?
Why are you making me key in or say all this information, when I know that when I eventually get through to someone (probably in a foreign country getting paid a miserable hourly rate to save your company money) they are going to ask me to repeat it all anyway?
Why are you playing ´Oh Happy Day!´ on a loop in a thinly veiled attempt to brighten my mood and make me forget that you are charging me premium rate for this call?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home